Friday, May 27, 2011

The Temple of God

Today, my reading in the Bible was in II Chronicles chapter 7. It was after Solomon had built and dedicated the temple of God. This was God's response...

II Chronicles 7
v. 12b: I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for Myself as a temple of sacrifice.
v. 13: If I close the sky so there is no rain; or if I command the grasshopper to consume the land, or if I send pestilence on My people,
v. 14: and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek my face and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their land.
v. 15: My eyes will now be open and My ears attentive to this place.
v. 16: And I have now chosen and consecrated this temple so that My name may be there forever; My eyes and My heart will be there at all times.

Can you imagine?? What an awesome thing the temple. The temple was where God chose to place His name; the temple had God's eyes and heart on it at all times. The people of the temple if they turned from their evil ways, humbled themselves and sought God's face and prayed would be heard from God. He would forgive them and heal their land!! Wouldn't it be awesome to have such a temple today??? We do...

I Corinthians 6:
v. 19: Do you not know that your body is a sanctuary (temple) of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God?? You are not your own...

We are the temple!!! When we repent and accept Christ as our Savior, God hears our prayers and chooses us for His temple. We have the ears, eyes and heart of God on us AT ALL TIMES.

Humble yourself, seek His face and turn from evil and pray; He is faithful to forgive your sins and heal your land.

No comments:

Post a Comment