Friday, September 16, 2011

Creation Eagerly Waits...

I absolutely love the bald eagle. Years ago, I heard Joyce Meyer teach a series called, "Mount Up With Wings Like Eagles". I learned a lot about bald eagles in the series. I learned that they preen (groom) every morning, cleaning each feather; I learned that they won't eat old, dead meat, they get it fresh and still alive; they will embrace the winds of a storm and let it lift them to a higher altitude... You get the idea.



A few years ago, I went to the zoo with a friend of mine. While there, I saw a sight that truly broke my heart...a beautiful bald eagle, sitting on a branch, his head just touching the ceiling of his cage. He looked miserable. He had not groomed much and was looking a little weather beaten.

This is not a photo of the eagle I saw but it looked a lot like this one


I know if that magnificent bird is caged, it will lose its desire to preen and its taste for fresh food. It will actually become depressed. The bald eagle was not meant to be caged. They were meant to fly free.

I couldn't help but think, "This is not worth my seeing a bald eagle." I saw this beautiful, amazing creature being exploited for my entertainment.

Today I read...

Romans 8
v. 19: For the creation eagerly waits with anticipation for God's sons to be revealed.
v. 20: For the creation was subjected to futility - not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it - in the hope
v. 21: that the creation itself will also be set free from the bondage of corruption into the glorious freedom of God's children.

HMMMM....

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful post, Lauri!
    I found out on Wednesday evening that the eagle will also come soaring down out of the sky and dive underwater for a fish!
    As I read your post, I found myself thinking, "If only I was so bold about my "fishing."
    Love you bunches, Buddy!
    :) Jodi
    P.S. Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete