Thursday, January 20, 2011

One and Only One

II Corinthians 11
v. 3-4: But I fear that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your minds may be corrupted from a complete and pure devotion to Christ. For if a person comes and preached another Jesus, whom we did not preach, or you receive a different spirit which you had not received or a different gospel which you had not accepted, you put up with it splendidly.
v. 13: For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
v. 14: And no wonder! For Satan himself is disguised as an angel of light.
v. 15a: So it is no great thing if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness.

When reading this, a Christian might think they are secure enough that they could never be taken in by such false prophets. I've heard them. I've listened as they declare Jesus yet their "gospel" message is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I've watched as true followers of Christ have begun to question the truth of God's word and get sucked into the lies. I've watched and listened as the blood of Christ has been dismissed as being too violent and God would have nothing to do with that. I have heard those who suggest that there are other ways of salvation other than Christ and that to think otherwise is unacceptable and offensive. I have wept. I have been angry, frustrated and shocked.

I'll let God's word speak for itself...

Acts 4
v. 11-12: Jesus is the stone despised by you builders, who has become the cornerstone. There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

John 14:
v. 6: Jesus told him: I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 3:
v. 16: For God so loved the world in this way, He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
v.18: Anyone who believes in Him is not condemned, but anyone who does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the One and Only Son of God.

Ephesians 1
v. 7: In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.

May all come to believe in the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The One true hope of salvation and eternal life with the Father. 


1 comment:

  1. I really thank you for your postings. It is so uplifting and I try to use it in my daily devotions along with my bible reading. I pray that more and more people read it.

    I am so happy that I have given myself to Christ and I pray daily that he will guide me and help me to make a difference to someone else.

    Thank you again for you wonderful writings.
    Love in Christ,
    Fred

    ReplyDelete