Saturday, December 12, 2009

My New Look

While checking in with my blog this morning, I began reading the blog "Striving For Simplicity". I was really enjoying it and as I looked around I found in the corner of her page a link to "The Cutest Blog on the Block" offering free backgrounds. Wanting to perk up my blog, I decided to check it out. Oh my gosh!!! So many choices and all free!!

This began the search through design after design for the one that would work for my blog. Not being one who is fond of paisley, flowers and lace, I had serious doubts that I would find anything that would suit me. I'm more of a geometric modern type. My favorite color combination is black, red and white. I was sure I wouldn't find anything like that. But what to my wandering eyes should appear...no, not a sleigh and eight tiny reindeer....but a beautiful black, red and white layout for Christmas!! PERFECT!! Thinking it was going to be really hard to figure out how to get it on my blog, I hesitated to do it. But, I figured, "What the heck!!" So, I followed the directions given and VOILA!!! My blog is decorated for Christmas in my style!!

I hope you all like it...

3 comments:

  1. Love the new look! Very festive! Choosing a blog design was harder than I thought it would be; it's sort of personal, and one really wants to "say" the right thing with the design!
    Also loved your dog post. Our dog has gone missing,:( and we are fearing the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new layout! When I first found Cutest Blog on the Block, I was changing mine every few days. So many choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look Lauri!! Your new look and the snow on chels' blog has inspired me to change my own.

    ReplyDelete